Peer Review Policy
Publication of articles in Integrated Science Education Journal is dependent solely on scientific validity and coherence as judged by our editors and/or peer reviewers, who will also assess whether the writing is comprehensible and whether the work represents a useful contribution to the field. Integrated Science Education Journal acknowledged the effort and suggestions made by its reviewers.
Integrated Science Education Journal reviewing policies are:
- Every submitted paper will be reviewed by at least two or more expert reviewers.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (Double-Blind Peer Reviews).
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- Authors must present their papers honestly without falsification, falsification, plagiarism, or improper data manipulation.
- The editor will let you know about the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 1-4 weeks
- The Editor's decision is final and no correspondence can be made in relation to the manuscript which is deemed unsuitable for publication in this journal.
- All correspondence, including notifications of Editor's decisions and revision requests, will be sent by email.
- If the submission is accepted, the authors revise accordingly
Initial evaluation of manuscripts
The Editor will first evaluate all manuscripts submitted. Although rare, yet it is entirely feasible for an exceptional manuscript to be accepted at this stage. Those rejected at this stage are insufficiently original, have serious scientific flaws, or are outside the aims and scope of the Integrated Science Education Journal (ISEJ). Those that meet the minimum criteria are passed on to experts for review.
Type of peer review
Submitted manuscripts will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be asked to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates the already published works, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The method is double blind peer review.
Reviewers are asked to evaluate whether the manuscript:
- Is original by stating the objectives and gap clearly
- Is methodologically sound
- Follows appropriate ethical guidelines
- Has results/findings which are clearly presented and support the conclusions
- Correctly references previous relevant work
- Reviewers are not expected to correct or copyedit manuscripts. Language correction is not part of the peer review process.
Reviewers advise the editor, who is responsible for the final decision to accept or reject the article. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board. Editor’s decision is final.
Becoming a Reviewer
If you are not currently a reviewer for Integrated Science Education Journal but would like to be added to the list of reviewers, please fill in, agreement and you read agreement and declaration. The benefits of reviewing for Integrated Science Education Journal include the opportunity to see and evaluate the latest work in related research area at an early stage, and to be acknowledged in our list of reviewers. You may also be able to cite your work for Integrated Science Education Journal as part of your professional development requirements. Integrated Science Education Journal reviewers are volunteers who contribute their expertise to the science, thus no financial payments are made.